Monday, May 21, 2007

A Case of the Mondays...

Ok,

I'm liking the whole 'I'll throw some vids up' thing for Mondays, so here goes:

-You know you're in Nashville when the whole audience is versed enough in guitar to applaud at all the difficult parts. Ladies and Gentlemen, the incomparable Chet Atkins.

-And another for the pickers out there. Note how perfect that slapback echo is. Sickness.

-God I love the 'net. I was looking for old WB cartoons. Here's someone's editing class homework. One of the best Looney Tunes shorts set to Radiohead.

-New Bionic Woman? From the guy who made Battlestar Galactica cool again. I'm thinking about it, but still not sure. Preview sure is cool, though.

-This weeks athlete worship: Barry Sanders. The flat-out greatest running back I'll ever see. He wasn't a threat in the short passing game (though he could have been), he wasn't specialized as an interior or exterior runner, he just found gaps and juked heads out of their shoes at an astounding rate. The most fun you could have watching football was watching Barry Sanders take it up the middle. Oh, and the old-school L.L. Cool J track is unbelievable with some of the names he drops.


Have a good week kids!

2 comments:

Jo said...

This would be great if I could access You Tube at work.... You can show me when I get home.

Helen Skor said...

That Radiohead/Bugs Bunny thing was awesome. It was mere seconds from bringing a tear to my eye!

And I have to admit something. I finally broke down and watched the preview for the Transformers movie. I am now officially on the bandwagon for that one!