Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Late Night Love

The following takes place a little after 3 am this morning: I have rolled over while trying to sleep and the Gergle has stirred somewhat awake...

Gergle: "I have to pee."

Me: Well, don't do it here.

"Shut up."

So Gergle goes to the bathroom and comes back to bed...

"What the hell are you doing up at 3 in the morning anyway?"

Can't sleep

"Clowns will get you?"

What like that Simpsons episode?

"No, the Shining. You know, the kid?"

Ok. I thought you were talking about the Simpsons where Bart and Lisa live with the Flanders' and Bart's stuck in this old scary looking clown bed and can't sleep and keeps saying 'Can't sleep. Clown will eat me'.

"You haven't seen the Shining?"

Of course I've seen the Shining. I'm surprised you have.

"Well someone told me I had to see it. I've seen 'IT' also."

End scene.



Wow. That's love people. That part at the end where she mentioned the movie IT since we were on a Stephen King riff was gold. Everyone who's thinking about taking their relationship to the next level (whatever the fuck that means), be prepared for many conversations like this one in the middle of the night. I find them entertaining. But then again I am awake at 3 AM for no reason.

6 comments:

Jo said...

Amazingly enough I remember that entire conversation. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Actual conversation with the girlfriend Saturday night while watching The Shining on DVD:

Her: I'm so scared.
Me: I'll protect you.
Her: Will you protect me from the ghosts?

Carrie M said...

If I wake up tonight after dreaming that clowns will get me, or thinking that clowns will get me in my still-sleepy haze, I will hold you both personally responsible.

Helen Skor said...

I can definitely hear Gergle saying that . . . especially the "shut up" part!

Jo said...

Heeey! I'd just woken up... I'm allowed to be rude and obnoxious at 3 am :-)

Helen Skor said...

Okay . . . I'll forgive you for being rude and obnoxious, but only because you have a sweet, sweet voice.